The First 90 Days by Michael Watkins is a very practical book for any leaders in transition. Personally, this is a book that has helped me transition from my manager to an associate director position.The advice and tools provided in the book just make sense.
The premise of the book are as follows:
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses and identify personal vulnerabilities
- Diagnose your situation and understand its challenges and opportunities
- Negotiate a productive working relationship with your boss
- Secure early wins that establish credibility and create momentum
- Build your team and connect with influential support coalitions